This history was written by Ray Hinkins, an ex-Leader of the Bison Scout Troop. It runs from when the Bison Troop was reformed in 1992, all the way through to 2000.
- 1 May 1992: Bison troop reopens and first Friday troop evening
Leader: Peter Ward
Assistants: Clive Martin, Duncan Stanton, Raymond Hinkins
Scouts: Gareth Hinkins, Peter Laugford, Martin Gardner, Michael Ward, Gavin Hinkins, Sean Hooper.
- 19-21 June 1992: Weekend Camp to Thriftwood Scout Camp, Brentwood , Essex. Arranged with the Bear Troop.
- August 1992: Summer Camp to Shell Island, Harlech, North Wales. Arranged with the Bear Troop.
- 13-15 November 1992: Weekend Camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp. Arranged with the Bear Troop.
- 12-14 February 1993: Weekend Courses organised by Gillwell Park.
Radio Television Badge : 1
Communicator Badge : 2
Information Technology Badge : 5
- April 1993: Awarded District Shield at St. George’s Day Parade
- May 2-4 1993: First weekend camp organised by Bison Troop at Broadstone Warren Scout Camp. Leaders named as Bungle, Zippy, George and Geoffrey.
- 13-23 August 1993: First Summer camp organised by Bison Troop at Walton Firs Scout Camp
- 18-19 September 1993: Weekend Cycle ride and camp at Manor Farm, Ash, Kent
- 1-3 October 1993: Superteams Competition Camp at Downe Scout Camp
Came 2nd of 7 Teams.
- 29-31 October 1993: Weekend Course at Broadstone Warren Scout Camp
Foresters Badge : 6
- 7 November 1993: Outside Chance Competition at Downe Scout Camp
Came 7th and 8th of 38 teams
- November 1993: Troop reaches it’s maximum number of 28 in 5 patrols
- 22 January 1994: Pantomime : Rudiella and the Ugly Blisters ( sorry if this is wrong, but you know what its like with photocopies. ED )
- 4-6 March 1994: Weekend camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp.
- 21-22 May 1994: Weekend cycle ride and camp to Frylands Wood Scout Camp. Disrupted due to heavy rain.
- 8-10 July 1994: Weekend training camp at 2nd Orpington Headquarters.
- 19-29 August 1994: Summer camp to Knaveswell Farm, Kniton, near Swanage, Dorset.
- 1-2 October 1994: Conkers Competition Camp at Downe Scout Camp.
- 11-13 November 1994: Weekend Camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp.
- 4 February 1995: Pantomime – The Sight of Muesli.
- 13 February 1995: Raymond Hinkins takes over as leader.
- 24-25 March 1995: Trophy competition from the Headquarters
- 14-17 April 1995: Easter Weekend Camp to Kingsdown Scout Camp, near Deal, Kent.
- April 1995: Awarded the District Colours at St. George’s Day Parade.
- 20-21 May 1995: Weekend cycle ride and camp to Hopehill Scout Camp, Meopham, Kent
- 24-25 June 1995: Bison Banquet cooked for parents at 2nd Orpington Headquarters.
- July 1995: Cooked Barbeque for Perryhall Primary School.
- 18-28 August 1995: Summer camp to Treheague Farm, Ruan Millor (???), near Helstan, Cornwall.
- 7-8 October 1995: Conkers Competition at Greenwich Scout Camp, Downe, Kent
Came 3rd and 7th of 12 Teams
- 10-12 November 1995: Weekend Camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp.
- 19 November 1995: 5 a side Football Competition at the Walnuts Leisure Centre.
- 1 January 1996: New Years Day Hike from Farnborough Village.
- 29 February 1996: Evening Ice Skating at Gillingham.
- March 1996: Competed in Mission Impossible organised by Hampshire District.
Came 7th and 8th out of 20 teams.
- 25-27 May 1996: Weekend Camp to Hopehill Scout Camp, Meopham, Kent
- 25 July – 3 August 1996: Summer Camp at Campdowne 96, International Camp, Downe Scout Camp, Kent
- 5-6 October 1996: Weekend Cycle ride and camp to Bewl Water.
- 15-17 November 1996: Weekend Camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp.
- 25-27 April 1997: Weekend Camp to Downe Scout Camp.
- 6-8 June 1997: Weekend Cycle ride and Camp to Epping Forest and Gilwell Park.
- 19-29 August 1997: Summer camp to Watham, near Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk.
- August 1997: Chief Scouts Challenge on Norfolk Coastal Erosion completed.
Julian Grace completed the challenge and report back.
- 5 September 1997: Michael Ward and Gavin Hinkins, last of the original troop leave.
- 4-5 October 1997: Conkers Competition Camp at Greenwich Camp Site, Downe.
- 14-16 November 1997: Weekend Camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp.
- 6 March 1998: Evening at Ice Skating Rink in Gillingham.
- April 1998: Awarded the District Colours at St. George’s Day Parade.
- 9-10 May 1998: Weekend cycle ride and camp to Bewl Water and Bedgebury Forest.
- 1-8 August 1998: Summer Camp, 98 International Camp, Windsor Great Park.
- 13-15 November 1998: Weekend Camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp.
- 21 March 1999: Visit to Chislehurst Caves.
- 2 April 1999: Hike in to Headquarters from West Kingsdown.
- 16-17 April 1999: Outdoors 99. Weekend Camp at Headquarters with Panther Cub Pack.
- 23-25 July 1999: Weekend cycle ride and camp to Bewl Water and Bedgebury Forest.
- September 1999: Chief Scouts Challenge to the Isle of Wight on Coastal Defences of the area.
Alan Stuart, Tim Avery, Paul Grace completed Challenge and report back.
- 9 October 1999: Day out at Knockhatch Adventure Park, near Hailsham, Sussex.
- 12-14 November 1999: Weekend Camp at the Log Cabin, Broadstone Warren Scout Camp.
- February 2000: Clive Martin takes over as leader.
- Leader: Clive Martin, Assistants: Peter Ward, Raymond Hinkins.
Wolf Patrol: Paul Grace, Nick Avery, John Taylor, Andrew Miller, Thomas Kay.
Cobra Patrol: Ryan Heath, David Walker, Greg North, Graeme Martin, Nick Williams.
Tiger Patrol: Tim Avery, Allen Williams, Stephen Stuart, Gavin North, Samuel Jones.
- Summer 2000: Summer Camp, Camp Downe 2000, International Camp, Downe Scout Camp.